History of Kunduz University
Kunduz University is located in the north-eastern zone. It was established more tentatively as teacher training college in the year of 1346 Hijri Shamsi (in accordance to 1967) with 50 students and 5 teachers, attracting students from the seventh grade and graduating them from ninth grade in Kunduz. Then, in 1350 H.Sh (1971) it improved as the basic teacher training college that attracted students from grade nine and had graduated them from twelfth grade. Subsequently, in 1352 H.Sh (1973) it attracted high school graduates and graduated them from fourteenth grade as qualified teachers of various disciplines. In 1374 H.Sh (1995), it upgraded as the Institute of Pedagogy that graduated students to the undergraduate level that consisted three Teacher Training Faculties (language and literature, social sciences and natural sciences), respectively. In 1385 H.Sh (2006) it promotes to higher education institution in Kunduz, which had two faculties (education and agriculture), and finally, in 1389 H.Sh (2010), it was promoted from higher education to University. During these years, thousands of young professional teachers and young support-staff are dedicated to Afghanistan, particularly the Northern provinces.
Introduction of Kunduz University
Kunduz University is in downtown Kunduz province (north-eastern zone) that has seven daily faculties (Education, Agriculture, Law, Computer Science, Stomatology, Veterinary, and Economics) and two night-time faculties (Education and Law) with 133 teachers, 70 administrative employees, and 73 service personnel working in it. It has a number of 4757 students (982 female students and male 3775students). Kunduz University is now active in the downtown area of 78 acres with three teaching buildings, an administrative building and two dormitories (both male and female).
Notably, Kunduz University in the suburbs (Paul Alchin) Abdan desert area has 2000 acres of private property with three teaching blocks, a dormitory block, and an administrative block. But unfortunately, due to some reasons, this building of the university is currently disabled. That is why all the nine faculties of both day and night-time function in the city center (78 acres of land).